Under the “Wellness and Education Program,” Home Assembly Church is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for individuals by providing multi-level, interdisciplinary programs to improve the spiritual, physical and educational well-being of the community-at-large. The members of our Health Care Ministry are a central part of this program and bring valuable knowledge and information to educate the congregation and community about health promotion and disease prevention. It is our collaborative goal to impact change toward healthier families and healthy communities.
To demonstrate the love and compassion of Christ to individuals, families, and communities. To support our Church’s mission to reach people transforming lives through health education, health promotion, and disease prevention.
To share a professional body of knowledge concerning health care issues and enable people to become better stewards of their own healthcare outcomes.
Our Health Care ministry is founded on the concepts of Health & Wellness which is central to the work of Christ who demonstrated his ministry of healing and wholeness in the lives that he touched. Jesus performed miraculous healings for the sick and the poor that did believe. We believe in the ministry of healing; and that God has equipped us with knowledge and skills to educate others through the ministry of nursing. Nursing utilizes the knowledge and evidence-based research of health professionals in many fields that teach us preventive healthcare practices. God said we are marvelous and wondrously made; he created our bodies to self heal and protect itself from various forms of attack. God has given us wisdom on how to maintain good health to reduce our risks of becoming victims of various disease and illness. God says our body is His temple; therefore, we are accountable to Him for practicing good health habits and maintaining our health and well-being
- Must be an active member of the Home Assembly Church
- Have an interest in health promotion and wellness
- All health disciplines and backgrounds are invited; however, it is not required. (Opportunities available to serve as a layperson)
- Must agree to a background check.
- Must demonstrate regular attendance and support at Home Asssembly Church and church-hosted events.
- Must be at least 14 years old with parents consent to join the Junior Nurse Ministry 14 – 18 years (Obtain CPR & First Aid Certification by Red Cross or AHA)
- Must submit monthly dues of $10.
- Must attend 4th Sunday meetings
ACTIVITIES (include, but are not limited to:)
- Render assistance to the members or visitors who may become ill during the church services
- Provide emergency CPR or first aid as indicated
- Assist elderly, disabled persons, and families with infants and small children as needed
- Participation in community health promotion:
- Visiting the sick and shut-in or sending greeting cards
- Attending funerals to assist the bereaved families
- Support Health Professional activities of California District Council (CDC) 16th Episcopal District of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World (PAW), Inc.
- Support activities of the International Health Professional (IHP) ministry of the PAW.
JOIN THIS MINISTRY!
If after you've read and agree to the "Participiant Requirements" you have an interest in being a part of this ministry, please complete the form below. We will reply within 2 business days.
- Teaching health education seminars or classes
- Serving church or community health fairs
- Providing health education resources
- Alerting the community of health hazards and public health issues/ concerns
- Sharing information on healthy nutrition & diet
- Demonstrating/ teaching on exercise & fitness
- Performing monthly blood pressure screening
- Supporting healthy lifestyle changes